So much for online successes

 Pity party post here! I find it ridiculous how obsessed the modern world is with making money, yet how insanely difficult it is to actually make any money at all. Working for some faceless company for years of your life for minimal pay while they make millions and billions of dollars each year is depressing, to say the least. Why are we all expected to work for someone else our entire adult lives, and only enjoy maybe 2 days a week, if we're lucky? How many of us never have the money to have real vacations, and instead use the "vacation time" given to us by our jobs for things like doctors appointments or paying endless fees tfor the convenience of living modern life? I'm so tired of money, I'm so tired of needing money for absolutely everything in life. I'm so tired of the rush and hustle of every day in the modern world. I want to slow down. I want to live in tune with nature. I want to enjoy my life. I want to enjoy my time with my kids. Why is it so impossible to enjoy your life unless you're one of the ultra rich people who don't even do anything for their money? Why are so many of us so broken and miserable with our own lives, yet constantly pull down anyone who tries to live differently? I'd be perfectly happy living life gardening and farming for what I need for myself and my family. I'd be perfectly happy not having to worry about the endless bills coming in for being connected to the grid. I would love to live somewhere that's offgrid entirely, with space around me and no neighbors to complain about how I live my life. I want to travel. I want to visit all of these amazing places around the country and around the world. But all because I was born in a low income family in the good ole US of A, the dreams of even going somewhere nearby is almost impossible. And because my family doesn't make enough money, we can't even think about going the expat route and leaving the country for a lower cost of living. We still can't seem to find ways to earn enough money to support ourselves at all without being forced to work for companies that don't care about you at all. There's no pleasure in life anymore at all. No peace, no joy. Just misery and work work work work work. I hate it and I'm tired of it all. All these people that think that you just need to pick yourself up by the bootstraps are ridiculous. Not only is the idea of picking yourself up by bootstraps physically impossible, it's a sentiment of a bygone era when all you had to do ws work hard and you'd be living the good life. These days, you're lucky if you can find a job that will pay your bills, but you'll probably need a second job to keep up with the ever increasing cost of rent, even in small towns in the middle of nowhere. I've tried a bunch of different ways of making money from home online. None of it has worked for me. Those damn MLM's were the biggest waste of time, especially for a person who isn't pushy and demanding like every other sales company person I know. Having my own crafting business worked out okay, except I never managed to get enough sales to cover the costs of making the sales. In multiple years of doing craft shows and selling on Etsy, I never made the money from the booth fees or the listing fees back. My husband has worked his ass off for years and years, ever since he turned 18 he's had a job. He's been miserable with factory and warehouse work. He's made almost $20 an hour at times, and it's still not enough to support a family in this world. It's ridiculous. This entire world is absolutely ridiculous and I hate it all. 

Comments

Popular Posts